Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet

Article about: This helmet is an unmolested original set named to CH Captain Howard K. Hilner. Chaplain Hilner did not serve in the ETO or PTO but served State Side and in the ALCAN Highway. The helmet is

Default ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet

This helmet is an unmolested original set named to CH Captain Howard K. Hilner. Chaplain Hilner did not serve in the ETO or PTO but served State Side and in the ALCAN Highway. The helmet is a McCord fixed loop with a St Clair liner. This is an excellent example of a war time helmet. The Captains name is on the hemet and on the sweatband of the liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet   ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet  

ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet   ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet   ALCAN Chaplain m1 helmet  

MAP
    ?

That's a real minty set up Marty. Congrats on another nice pick up
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Michael, I’ve wanted this helmet for three years but would not pull the trigger. With a hard to find liner and named helmet it had to have a place in the collection.

Another super addition to your unique collection. So lucky to have the option of three years before acquiring it. Few of us get that chance. Lucky guy.

Certainly worth the wait Marty super clean Fixed looped set and named too.congrats on your latest recquistion.........

Thanks guys, yes I was fortunate that he still had the helmet. The seller is a class act and he did not increase the price, after all that time. The helmet was purchased years ago off EBay and ended up in Switzerland. I’m glad to have it back in the states.

Jake, yes named helmets and complete unmolested sets are getting really hard to find and Chaplain helmets are even rarer, thank you for the comment.

?

Excellent set, Marty!
    I like how the crucifix has been pre-marked for painting, for height and width, with scratches in the helmet paintwork.
    A superb acquisition indeed.. Well done, sir!

All the best,
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast