Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

Article about: nah thats ok im trying to get a rough date of the shell but the heat stamp you gave as 499A doesn't seem right as its to low for a swivel bail these came into use in November 43 & by thi

?

Default Re: Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    I've got goof off around here but I'm gonna leave that green coat of paint on though
    i would to as it would be destroying part of its well earned & hard fought history.

If you want me to post the other M1, just let me know.

NICK D I may have asked you already, but I bought a front seam m-1, the only #'s I could find were 90 then a little space with a G there, kind of a weird #, but the swivel bales are right up against the stainless steel rim? have you ever seen a # that low?

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    NICK D I may have asked you already, but I bought a front seam m-1, the only #'s I could find were 90 then a little space with a G there, kind of a weird #, but the swivel bales are right up against the stainless steel rim? have you ever seen a # that low?
    if the number is that low its possible it use to be a fixed bail version before being refurbished in to a swivel bail version at a later date

?

If you want me to post the other M1, just let me know.
    please do

Here you are Nick, The part of the chinstrap that harder to read says "Death" And then the arts after that are more clear. I'm unsure if this is a reissue helmet also, I bought this on ebay a couple years back for 50$ The heat stamp is 45A, And the liner speaks for itself...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 for the U.S. Collection   Another M1 for the U.S. Collection  

Another M1 for the U.S. Collection   Another M1 for the U.S. Collection  

Another M1 for the U.S. Collection  

Here you are Nick, The part of the chinstrap that harder to read says "Death" And then the arts after that are more clear. I'm unsure if this is a reissue helmet also, I bought this on ebay a couple years back for 50$ The heat stamp is 45A, And the liner speaks for itself...
    wow that bad boy has seen a lot of action I think that one went through ww2, Korea & Viet Nam at least . the liner is later because of the 3 gator teeth clamps I'm sure you know what they are for I don't know about you but the later neck nape straps are more comfortable than the early ones, but the only liner I have that has the 3 strap neck nape is my paratrooper helmet, I think they came out during Korea I could be wrong, but I know they had them during Viet Nam, but it is a very nice lid that has seen a lot of time in service, nice example, thanks for showing your lids. thanks NICK for your answer, it is appreciated I love all old helmets. I wish I had kept up with the U.S. navy & when they changed the fire fighting gear, I know they had a ton of m-1's that they sold ,or scrapped because they were on every ship in the 80's, for fire fighting & battle use, crap I even ran across an od green one on my last ship, I put it down in the welding shop I was in charge of because they wanted it painted red. wish I would have took it home with me, but I didn't want to lose a stripe over a helmet.

Thanks Marty, I've got another M1 laying in my closet too, I made a thread about that one awhile back, The title of it is'Front seam M1 arrived today' I think thats the title.

What would this be worth as a rough estiment? I saw some of these on auction sites for 50 to couple hundred dollars so I'm wondering.
    about your first helmet even though you have a later liner, it's easily worth 50.00, maybe even more than that, it's weird but just watch them on ebay, I missed a mcord front seam helmet the other day, figured it would go pretty high,so I didn't bid on it, one guy bid on it for the starting bid, it was 16.60, no one else bid & he won it for that, yeah I know but I was at the doctors when I got home it was over, my luck. but the liner is in great shape, $50.00 should be no problem especially with the great cammo cover you have , I swear like the para helmet NICK posted yours must be a marine cover too, mine doesn't have the brown underneath, mine is blank under the green side, odd. but both are nice lids.

I think the Camo cover that yours is the later version after the War was over, but I'm not sure

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast