Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another salty m1 helmet

Article about: Just sourced this, front seam swivel Schuleter , better pictures when it arrives, hopefully rust is pretty much superficial. i will decide what to do with it then Steve

Default Another salty m1 helmet

Just sourced this, front seam swivel Schuleter , better pictures when it arrives, hopefully rust is pretty much superficial. i will decide what to do with it then
    Steve
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet

?

Very nice, I really like the patina....I sense another resto job for the new year coming

Nice buy steve,i was watching this one too,personally i would leave it,maybe remove some of the rust,but leave the paint alone,its in a nice original state,and has a somewhat graceful look about it,to change this will just kill any history,however its your Helmet and completely down to you at the end of the day,well done either way..............

I like it anyway

Thanks guys, i am with Jake on this one other than the rust i like the finish, maybe tidy the rim a little remove as much rust as possible without damaging the original finish ( any tips?), bang a liner in it and that will do, also hope the heat stamp is present.
    Steve

Spot on mate,with the other Fixed Bale you had nothing to loose as it was painted yellow,i've used very fine wet/dry but even this may cause some sort of minor wear,really depends on the overall look your after Bud............

Cheers Jake, well as it is minus the rust would do me as you say it has a certain peaceful look about it, really need to have it in hand to see how bad it is, i will use some very fine wire wool to clean the rim and decide of the best way for the shell, oxalic acid? i`m not sure yet, but no painting or insignia is necessary for this one.
    Steve

Lid arrived this morning, quite happy with it it seems to be original texture and original paint, i will try a light clean with soapy water then a lemon/lime rinse and dry with the wifes hairdryer hopefully this will lift some rust, inside is as clean as a whistle
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet
    Another salty m1 helmet

looks great as it is so im glad your refraining from a resto on this one steve

Ah, cheers buddy, no need here mate just need to eliminate the rust. I should be able to get rid of most of it,,, now in need of another liner though,,, these m1`s are addictive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast