Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chaplain A/B M1 liner

Article about: These are pictures from the seller and will possibly be my first Chaplain Airborne Liner. Look forward to your opinion and thoughts. Marty

Default Chaplain A/B M1 liner

These are pictures from the seller and will possibly be my first Chaplain Airborne Liner.
    Look forward to your opinion and thoughts.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chaplain A/B M1 liner   Chaplain A/B M1 liner  

Chaplain A/B M1 liner   Chaplain A/B M1 liner  

Chaplain A/B M1 liner   Chaplain A/B M1 liner  

Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 11-15-2023 at 03:02 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Any thoughts from the A/B hemet guys if anything is wrong with this one?

Marty

Marty personally i've never seen this set up in all my years of collecting,why does a ww2 liner have post war A yoke/frames? and why are they installed like factory fitted wartime versions? paint and decals are of Korean war vintage,never seen war time liners use post war with this set up before,maybe done late 40's but nearly all examples i've seen whether for the "jump into Japan" or the few Capac conversions done in the 50's ALL have the A yokes fitted seperately just like the p64 types,only the P55 A/B contracts reverted back to placing them behind the A washers just like their wartime equals.maybe try over at USMF for more opinions.

Just spoke with Mike Whitehead. Mike said WW2- 1950’s conversion and it looked good to him.
    Thank you for taking the time to give me your thoughts and feedback.

Marty

Marty,

I would also try reaching out to SgtDorango on the US forum. Mike is a good friend, and he Specializes in 1950s Airborne Helmets from the 187th and 11th as well as other units. He has a ton of 11th AB and 187th helmets in his collection.. This may have been one of his at one time..not sure.. but reach out to him

Smitty

Thank you Smitty,
    Mike and I have been going back and forth via text and he said it’s good and was happy that I got it.

I very much like the overall look of this liner too TD and I'm pleased you have captured it. My only reservation would be that from the pictures the chinstrap looks like a more recent addition. But you are much better placed if you have it in hand to examine.

I will examine it closely when I get it. It will be a month or two before I have it.