Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under $50.00

Article about: The frequently pop up in shops and flea markets around here for \\$20-\\$30. I'll keep an eye out for you!

Default Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under $50.00

-Needs to be authentic ww2
    - needs to have leather strap
    -does not matter how crappy it is, as long as it fits in my m1 shell.
    - need it because I would like to put a netting on my ww2 m1 helmet shell but the Belgian liner in it does not fit with netting.

So anyone have any ideas ??

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under $50.00

Hi Dom,

Why wouldn't you consider ebay? That's where you found a lot of other stuff...

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under $50.00

I tried eBay but they are well over $50.00. Although I did just find a seaman paper liner on eBay for $75.00 or best offer. I'm trying to get him down to $50.00, the liner is in fantastic condition, and he will give the veterans information to who ever becomes the new owner of the helmet. Seems like a great deal

hi dominick i think for that price i think it would have to be post war or maybe a close matching euro clone liner ,regards james

Quote by Dominick Consolazio View Post
    I tried eBay but they are well over $50.00. Although I did just find a seaman paper liner on eBay for $75.00 or best offer. I'm trying to get him down to $50.00, the liner is in fantastic condition, and he will give the veterans information to who ever becomes the new owner of the helmet. Seems like a great deal
    I just had a look at it and it's in pretty rough / relic cond

I wouldnt recommend buying a liner in such poor condition, the webbing is practically rotted and very fragile

I never buy items that are falling apart unless it's really cheap, even $50 plus shipping is a lot for a liner like that, unless you can get it for less

ID'd Seaman Paper Company WW2 US M1 Helmet Liner | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under .00   Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under .00  

?

Quote by col james View Post
    hi dominick i think for that price i think it would have to be post war or maybe a close matching euro clone liner ,regards james
    I tend to agree, $50 doesn't leave a lot to work with for an original, unless you get lucky.
    Good luck Dominick.

Brad.

Dominick, if this is going to be used in that M1 shell you just bought recently, I would recommend a M58 early Vietnam liner, because it would match the time period of the aging and repaints of the shell, it was probably used during VN era

plus a early VN M58 liner is easier to find in VG + condition for less money than a WWII original in decent condition

this type would be a perfect match for your steel shell and also has the leather strap

VIETNAM WAR OR EARLIER WESTINGHOUSE M1 HELMET LINER, CHIN STRAP & EXTRA HEADBAND | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under .00   Does anyone know where I can find an authentic ww2 m1 helmet liner under .00  

hi Dom the answer is simple,the M1 helmet was never designed with the intention of wedging a net between the shell and the liner,the Belgium ABL liner is the same spec as any US made high pressure liner,therefore i guarantee you when you get your new liner your problem will still be the same.most US troops used british square nets during WW2 and they were applied around the shell and bales and then pulled the string tight and tied off at the back,this method did not require any removal of the liner and so there was none of this "the liner wont go in properly,if you look at vietnam mitchell covers that do sit inside the shell, there is always surplus liner showing because its theoreticaly impossible to sit it properly as the original design never allowed for such huge clearances,hence the phrase snug fit,regards minnie.

Thanks everyone for your replies, may I ask, the liner strap from the Belgian post war liner, will that fit on a authentic ww2 liner ? or will it be to loose. Also I have a post war/ Vietnam liner and it fits perfectly with the net. But the "identical" Belgian liner does not, I figured because it is a foreign liner correct ?

some great advice there from battlegear and MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast