Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet

Article about: Recent addition to the chaplain helmet collection. I’ve had my eye on this one for a year and was given first right of refusal and could pass on being the next caretaker. The helmet cover

Default Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet

Recent addition to the chaplain helmet collection. I’ve had my eye on this one for a year and was given first right of refusal and could pass on being the next caretaker.
    The helmet cover is the early 1959 Mitchel cover with the word “chaplain” on the front and two different crosses. The first cross looks to be a presbyterian cross and then the same chaplain or another one put another cross on top of the original one. There is a name on the side but has not been link to a particular Chaplain and is open to speculation if it was a Chaplain or someone else.
    The Westinghouse liner is unique, the liner does not have cross but has a “C” on the front. The liner is painted with the dark Korean era green and with 1950’s components. The liner notes the front has under the paint oak leaves, possibly Lt. Col. The helmet band was replaced with a post war band but I have another one on the way to replace it.
    I believe the chaplain was a early in county Chaplain but I’m researching all possibilities.

Enjoy,

marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet   Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet  

Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet   Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet   Early Vietnam Chaplain M1 helmet  

Marty,

Congratulations on adding this one to your collection..

Best regards and Blessings Brother

Smitty

MAP
    ?

I think is says......"Father Mulcahy" LoL

Another nice pick up Marty!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oh, very nice! You find some real beauts! Congratulations on the newest acquisition, Marty!

Trying to research the name Morgan on the side. We found one but hitting dead ends.

Marty

Very nice Marty and a MCSA Mitchell certainly seen some action,you really do Luv your Chaplain Lids.....well worth the wait Bud......

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Trying to research the name Morgan on the side. We found one but hitting dead ends.

Marty
    I think I found your guy.....small photo though.....

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think I found your guy.....small photo though.....

Michael thank you so much for the help!!!!! It’s great to see a war time photo of the guy... YOU NAIL IT!!!! LOL

More photos of Vietnam combat Chaplain most with simple black ink crosses on their helmets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast