Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisendrath Sweatband

Article about: Hello all! I recently acquired my first M1 helmet: a late-war Schlueter with heat stamp 512A. I was examining the liner when I found the ink stamp of Joseph N. Eisendrath Co. on the sweatban

Question Eisendrath Sweatband

Hello all! I recently acquired my first M1 helmet: a late-war Schlueter with heat stamp 512A. I was examining the liner when I found the ink stamp of Joseph N. Eisendrath Co. on the sweatband, along with the contract number which reads "CONT. NO. W11-009??-6898" (though I believe the unknown digits are likely QM). Can anyone give me any information about Eisendrath or this specific contract? It seems that they also manufactured gloves (perhaps as their peacetime area of trade?), but I cannot find much more information about them. Did Eisendrath ever produce sweatbands after 1945? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisendrath Sweatband   Eisendrath Sweatband  

Found this:

Eisendrath Sweatband

According to the "Equipment Wiki" (yes, why not?), Eisendrath Co. also made leather gloves for the US army in WW2.
    The Eisendrath family is still big in Chicago.

Thank you for the reply, JesperS!

I was able to find a little more about the Eisendrath family here, though there are only tangential mentions of anyone named "Joseph." The article mentions a "Joseph L. Eisendrath (1880-1961)," who also had a son named Joseph but overall makes me wonder if the article is perhaps about another Eisendrath family in the tanning/leather business, or a sister company.

Any additional information regarding the initial questions would be appreciated!