Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ERDL cover, too good to be true?

Article about: Will do, Ill update in ten minutes

Default ERDL cover, too good to be true?

Just got this ERDL cover in the mail. The front has "MP" written, and on the right side on the back is a peace symbol. The picture disappeared, but on the right side is written "Days gone" and 72 tally marks. If the pictures dont show it, there is some outlining also done on the camouflage pattern. The cover is really worn, and the sides where it "turns" inside the helmet are really torn.

Now the question, can these markings be true? I am very suspicious about this, as I dont think soldiers would be allowed to do that to a helmet cover, especially if it really is a military police issue?

The text on the inside side of the flaps is almost entirely worn off, so dating it is impossible.

The helmet band I bought about a year ago, modern issue.

I bought this off a big company that buys these from a wholsaler in Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ERDL cover, too good to be true?   ERDL cover, too good to be true?  

Default Re: ERDL cover, too good to be true?

hi poromies im sorry i cant help you on this one ,this pattern cover is new to me it makes a good display though thanks james

This is my second ERDL cover, and if I remember correctly my first one is dated 1978, I cant find it now.

To my knowledge, ERDL covers were manufactured in small quantities first in 1967, but was standardized in 1971.

hi its not a ERDL cover because that would make it a US made product and they never used blue in any of there covers right from ww2 up to 1989,most likely thailand or south vietnamese made but only a guess as i cannot match it with my data,sorry for that dave.

If you are referring to the darker spots, they are black, but the camera makes them a little bit bluish. The colours are just so faded.

?

can you see the the manufacture stamp as it reminds me more of the woodland pattern rather than the ERDL pattern ?

No stamps anywhere on the cover, all worn out.

?

OK thanks for looking i do believe this is woodland pattern as for the graffiti i would have to say not original as the cover is pretty faded & worn.

Thanks, hopefully my next cover will be ERDL

Now that I look more carefully under sun light, there seems to be text on one of the flaps, but it is really faded out and cant really be made sense of indoors. Ill try to see if I can get a date of manufacture, even if it is 80s, it would be nice to get the exact year

?

try to add a bit of water sometimes it'll show out faded colours ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast