Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Firestone Liner question

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I was wondering if there's a chart showing Firestone M1 Liner dome numbers by production date. In particular, I was wondering if a Firestone Liner marked "54" is a

Default Firestone Liner question

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering if there's a chart showing Firestone M1 Liner dome numbers by production date. In particular, I was wondering if a Firestone Liner marked "54" is a factory control number from WW2 or if the number is an indication of the year?

Thanks!
    James

Good question, I'd be interested too.

As far as I know, WWII production liners had different numbers stamped near the logo which represented the mould number for quality control (The M1 Helmet of the WWII GI by Pieter Oosterman goes into great detail about this). I know that Korean war Westinghouse/CAPAC liners utilized the 51, 52, and 53 numbers as per 1951, 1952, and 1953 dates since one made the liner and the other webbed it. Beyond Korean war I'm not familiar with liner markings...

Pat

Thanks Pat!

I did not think Firestone made High Pressure liners post 1945. The 54 would be a mold number. I do not know if they can be dated based on that number. The components of the liner seem to be more accurate method in dating them.
    John

Thanks John!

Firestone made liner even after 1945. Therefore a picture of the liner in question would always be better.

I am interested to learn more about post war production by Firestone. It was my understanding that CAPAC was the only producer for the Korean war era helmets.
    John

I sure can, here are a couple. The exterior shot of the liner is so low resolution, it wouldn't help to post it here.

Thanks!

Firestone Liner questionFirestone Liner question

Looks like a good one to my eyes. There should be some markings on the back of the nape strap and on the cloth of the sweatband. No need to remove sweatband as they should be on the cloth by the adjustment.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast