MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Hawley Liners.

Article about: Recently there has been a spate of minty Hawley liners on eBay UK/US. I would be interested in opinions on the one below. I have picked this one at random, there are several examples out the

?

Default Hawley Liners.

Recently there has been a spate of minty Hawley liners on eBay UK/US. I would be interested in opinions on the one below. I have picked this one at random, there are several examples out there at the moment. I have a few Hawleys, and the one below looks a little odd. The peak at the front looks flat and a bit square, the ones I have dip down at the front and curve quite markedly. The brown staining to the ends of the rayon suspension looks a little odd too.
    These are currently being reproduced, and some of them are very good, though I am not saying the one below is a reproduction. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Andy

US Militaria thread on repro Hawleys:
    Rob Lihani's Reproduction Hawley Liner - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hawley Liners.   Hawley Liners.  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Hawley Liners.

This is a good one looks to have the early rayon colored webbing 100% ww2 period

It looks right to me as well - there are very nice REAL examples out there, and this is one. Jim G.

?

I think you are probably correct. I've had a real good look at the ones here, and it seems that the peaks of them are compressed a little and have taken on the shape of the steel pot peak which they have been in for many years. The one above being a mint example is not compressed at the front, and maybe that's why it looks a bit off to me.
    I'm probably being a little paranoid here, but I really believe it will only be a matter of time before some of those repros will be aged and begin to show up as originals.
    Thanks for the comments people.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

hi andy there's already 3 flea bayers selling these repro liners,2 in the US and 1 in the UK,they even state that you can have it battle worn I.E rubbed along the edges to expose the fibre etc,so who's to say that this isn't one of them thats exchanged hands a few times so very hard to check buyers feedback or maybe they have more than one account?one for buying and one for selling that way its completely untraceible,have to say there's been one hell of an increase recently,or maybe straight up out of the woodwork which also happens from time to time,very difficult to call i think,big risk either way,cheers dave.