Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heat Stamp

Article about: As these seem to be the fashion at the moment, here is one I have. Rear seam, 60's ish lighter green paint refurbed to darker drab, sand finish. There seems to be a slight triangular stamp t

?

Default Heat Stamp

As these seem to be the fashion at the moment, here is one I have.
    Rear seam, 60's ish lighter green paint refurbed to darker drab, sand finish. There seems to be a slight triangular stamp to the right of the number, and possibly to the left also. What are your thoughts? Canadian?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heat Stamp   Heat Stamp  

Heat Stamp   Heat Stamp  

Heat Stamp   Heat Stamp  

Heat Stamp  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Heat Stamp

i would say post war US made i have one with a similar heat stamp but personally i think you should have started a poll on the subject for a better response
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heat Stamp  

?

Thanks Nick, looks like you have the answer there. I wonder if the missing letters explain some of the unusual combinations with low stamp numbers popping up?
    Ha, poll, now there's a novel idea! I fear our friend is about to crash and burn with his latest offering. How sad.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

possible mate i can see on yours theres an A after the number & also something before it possibly an M before it ?

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    possible mate i can see on yours theres an A after the number & also something before it possibly an M before it ?
    I think that's right nick. The parts of the letters could not be seen without the chalk, they are very faint.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]