Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A Helmet that Landed in Holland

Article about: Hi, I was in my next door neighbors garage setting her sprinkler timer when I noticed a helmet sitting on a shelf. Whose helmut, I asked! She said it was her husbands when he landed aboad a

MAP
    ?

Nice. For an old lady, she seems to know a lot about her husbands role. That's fantastic IMHO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice. For an old lady, she seems to know a lot about her husbands role. That's fantastic IMHO
    She's 93, looks 70, has boundless energy and her mind is still sharp! She gets in her car in the morning and is out and about all day, every day and then she drives herself to church in the evening......and walks her daughter's dog around the neighborhood when necessary. The only thing she can't do herself is program the stupid sprinkler system! ☺️

John

WOW. That would be great to have the books and the helmet together in your collection.
    It is good however to know that she appreciates the value of the helmet and intends to keep it in her collection.
    Dont let her loan it to the Gettysburg museum. It is a little hole in the wall museum owned by a guy who appears on Pawn Stars once in a while. He basically displays his collection in what looks like a house converted into a glorified man cave.
    I have been there and have seen it.
    Dont get me wrong he does have some nice items but he also has a fake M2 displayed there. The WWII part of the museum is only the size of a basic room in a house.

?

What an amazing helmet! The fact that the provenance is so strong makes it even better! Glad to hear that is in safe hands and will not end up in the trash or in a bag destined for good will!

Oh and BTW did anyone notice its a Fixed Loop Schlueter to boot?

Yeah i noticed the S too,, first thing i look for with a M1,,
    Some of the 82nd were based here in Nottingham prior to op Market Garden,, what was the guys name

I have posted a topic of the 508th in Nottingham with more pictures etc.

?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    WOW. That would be great to have the books and the helmet together in your collection.
    It is good however to know that she appreciates the value of the helmet and intends to keep it in her collection.
    Dont let her loan it to the Gettysburg museum. It is a little hole in the wall museum owned by a guy who appears on Pawn Stars once in a while. He basically displays his collection in what looks like a house converted into a glorified man cave.
    I have been there and have seen it.
    Dont get me wrong he does have some nice items but he also has a fake M2 displayed there. The WWII part of the museum is only the size of a basic room in a house.
    Hi Anton,

Thanks for the heads up....in any case, she would get in trouble if she loaned it out, her daughters said "NO"!

John

?

Quote by dramos View Post
    What an amazing helmet! The fact that the provenance is so strong makes it even better! Glad to hear that is in safe hands and will not end up in the trash or in a bag destined for good will!
    Hi dramos,

It was just sitting on a shelf in the garage for who knows how long.....it is now safely inside of her house protected by a cloth wrapping. Her daughters will eventually be in charge of it.....one of the girls has a piece of fabric from the glider signed by all of the guys who survived the battle.

John

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Yeah i noticed the S too,, first thing i look for with a M1,,
    Some of the 82nd were based here in Nottingham prior to op Market Garden,, what was the guys name

I have posted a topic of the 508th in Nottingham with more pictures etc.
    Hi GW,

Wow....cool, thanks for that. He was a member of the 325th GIR, 82nd Airborne Division.....so was probably never in Nottingham.

John

?

Retrieving Gliders from Holland

https://youtu.be/jfYSmGl8io8

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast