Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with M1 Helmet

Article about: I have this M1 Helmet, with the heat stamp M302. It is a rear seam, non stainless rim helmet. The liner may or may not be related and is stamped CMP. I imagine it may be vietnam era, but not

Default Help with M1 Helmet

I have this M1 Helmet, with the heat stamp M302. It is a rear seam, non stainless rim helmet. The liner may or may not be related and is stamped CMP. I imagine it may be vietnam era, but not sure. Also if anyone knows what the painting on the helmet means, i would love to know. I am. German WWII collector so these helmets are still a bit of a mystery to me.Help with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 Helmet

Thank you.

Hello,

the shell is from MC-Cord and was manufactured between 1951 and 1958 and a small amount in 1965. But of course it was worn much longer.

The CMP (Consolidated Molded Products) liner was manufactured from 1972. He owns interchangeable webbing.

The helmet has religious motifs on the outside.

PX = The two letters X and P written on top of each other are called the Christ monogram. In Greek, these letters form the beginning of the word "Christ".
    They also mean "Pax" = peace.

The dove in front is a sign of peace and freedom. Hence also called the dove of peace.
    In the form of the white dove, it means purity. It also stands for the Holy Spirit and thus the presence of God.

Regards

certainly different.

Thank you such concise information. No idea why the religeous motif is on there, but since the liner is so damaged I will probably get a period correct liner and chin strap.

Interesting lid
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More of an anti war related item really. The head of the "dove" reminded me first of the radiation symbol, although it probably isn't that. Interesting find.

Help with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetHelp with M1 HelmetI removed the odd markings using Mr. Color thinner, which left the factory paint intact. I then acquired a more period correct liner and chin strap. Now it can sit on my shelf with my very small headgear collection without looking too silly.

that looks good