Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

HELP please with M1 Helmet

Article about: Greetings from the Czech Republic. Please help with my M1 helmet. I got it on the flash market and it cost 20eur. Please give me your opinion on the helmet and the date of the helmet. Is the

?

Default HELP please with M1 Helmet

Greetings from the Czech Republic.
    Please help with my M1 helmet.
    I got it on the flash market and it cost 20eur.
    Please give me your opinion on the helmet and the date of the helmet. Is the helmet from the period end of 2ww, or 50s ???
    The top of the helmet is newly painted with a color and a name label for the child. HELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 HelmetHELP please with M1 Helmet

?

I will only add, the helmet number is 1269A

Hi there,

well you did a great deal for 20 euros.

M1 helmet and liner are both from WW2 production. The chinstrap of the shell is also from WWII and probably still originally sewn.

But it seems that both have been worn significantly longer.
    The helmet got several layers of paint. In the front there are remains of tape tape. An additional late hook was added to the chinstrap.

The liner is complete except for the missing chinstrap and neck band. The paint is also original WW2.

In my opinion the helmet was still used after the 1960's.

Regards

?

Thank you for your opinion !!!
    A white cross and the inscription Kontro or Kontra shine through the paint.
    Does anyone make sense? Name or title of someone ???

That heat treatment number makes the shell a really late war production as they never reached 1300.shell by McCord radiator.the T1 J hook is a nice touch being added to the existing strap rather than replacing the entire hook.these we're mostly done in the field as boxes of T1 hooks were available from late 1944.super cheap cheap set can't go wrong for 20 Euro.