Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Identify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United Nations

Article about: Hi everyone, In my collection I have this UN M1 type helmet. I don't know if it is an American M1 of a clone from some other country. The shell doesn't have any markings or heat stamp. The l

Default Identify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United Nations

Hi everyone,

In my collection I have this UN M1 type helmet. I don't know if it is an American M1 of a clone from some other country. The shell doesn't have any markings or heat stamp. The liner is an American firestone liner for sure. On the liner is the name A. Limpin. I have read on the forum, that Canada produced some shells without markings in the 1970's. This shells where used in combination with American made liners. Can sombody confirm this story? Furthermore, do you think this helmet could be a Canadian Un helmet? I have added some pictures below.

Thanks in advance.

Identify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United NationsIdentify US/ Canadian M1 helmet United Nations

None US made shell but from where I can't really say.the chinstraps and the bad fitting of the Liner is how to tell.hopefully someone here can identify the origin of the shell.