View Poll Results: Is it worth it ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ?

Article about: Dom.....last bit of advice I'm going to give as I'm even sounding like a broken record to myself..... If you want a WWII helmet then sell this one, for what ever you can get on ebay. With th

Default Re: I'm thinking of buying this helmet on eBay, should I ?

Dom.....last bit of advice I'm going to give as I'm even sounding like a broken record to myself.....

If you want a WWII helmet then sell this one, for what ever you can get on ebay. With this money along with the lunch money you save, find a nice WWII M-1 and liner to buy but before doing so, post several GOOD PHOTOS of all aspects of the helmet here on the M-1 Forum, not the German forum or the World Steel Helmets forum and post One Thread Only! Use the Forum Image tool to post your photos not Photobucket, and most importaint........(listen close now)....... if you ask for the advise of forum mebers than listen and take that advise. These folks are very knowlegable, informative and helpful....... don't take that for granted! good Luck, Russ
    Last edited by MySonsDad; 09-06-2012 at 07:37 AM.

?

Quote by Dominick Consolazio View Post
    I have another ww2 helmet & the chin straps look the same, it is also the correct color for ww2, post war used a dark green, and they were clipped on to the bale
    you're just not listening are you so good luck with your collecting & enjoy all junk you'll end with

- - Updated - -

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Dom.....last bit of advice I'm going to give as I'm even sounding like a broken record to myself.....

If you want a WWII helmet then sell this one, for what ever you can get on ebay. With this money along with the lunch money you save, find a nice WWII M-1 and liner to buy but before doing so, post several GOOD PHOTOS of all aspects of the helmet here on the M-1 Forum, not the German forum or the World Steel Helmets forum and post One Thread Only! Use the Forum Image tool to post your photos not Photobucket, and most importaint........(listen close now)....... if you ask for the advise of forum mebers than listen and take that advise. These folks are very knowlagable, informative and helpful....... don't take that for granted! good Luck, Russ
    you're wasting your time mate

?

I understand being a new collector and not having a lot of money and being excited and just wanting to get something! Here's the thing, if you can save up for a good item, you will appreciate it and if you ever want to sell it, you'll get your money back out of it if you ever want to collect something different. If you buy the $39 helmet you'll regret it within 6 months, 6 months in which you could save your money for a good item. Buy some reference books if this is what you really want to collect. You wouldn't buy a car without knowing something about the specs would ya? A bad item that may-be, poss-ibly, is good will always bother you, but a good one will make you happy every time you look at it. The other thing is that that $39 helmet, or one just like it will pop back up again, you'll see it again 3 months from now, 3 years from now, etc. It's not going anywhere. Spend your money wisely and you'll be happy that you did.

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    you're just not listening are you so good luck with your collecting & enjoy all junk you'll end with

- - Updated - -

you're wasting your time mate
    Agreed.

Dominick, it seems to me that you don't quite understand how these forums work.
    Very experienced and knowledgeable people freely give their time and effort in the form of advice when asked. You have asked. You have IMHO received excellent advice/information in return. It would be a wise move to heed such advice. If you are simply not going to take on board any advice offered, then the question is, why do you post at all?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

It took me a while but I got quite good at telling a Schlueter from a McCord. You need to look at the front of the helmet's rim curve (in profile). The flatter that rim curve, the higher to probability that it is a Schlueter. McCord's have a pronounced rim curve in that area.

Watch:

McCord:

Note the pronounced curve in the rim.

Here's the Schlueter, note the profile. It's almost flat. This is how you can tell a McCord from a Schlueter with the naked eye. If you put a Schlueter on the ground, the front of the helmet's rim will almost cover the ground. A McCord will always leave a bigger gap than the Schlueter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4