Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickup

Article about: Recently picked this one up saw it and immediately knew I had to have it. The heat stamp looks like 180 and the chin strap looks Korean War to me. Anyone know what date Range this could have

Default Korean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickup

Recently picked this one up from a flea market and immediately knew I had to have it. The heat stamp looks like 180 and the chin strap looks Korean War to me. Anyone know what date Range this could have been made in between? Thank you for the help!

Korean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickupKorean War Battle damaged m1 helmet flea market pickup

Hi really need a picture of the heat stamp?to determine if it's KW or later as all KW McCord Shells had an "M" prefix in front of the number?but chinstraps are definitely of the Period OD painted steel.
    Unable to enlarge your images to read the stamp.

Hello,

the helmet is likely from the time after the Korean War.

The olive-lacquered material parts of the chinstrap, the lighter color of the shell speak for it.

This bump can come from anything ... but in my opinion it is not an unquestionable combat damage.

Regards

The heat stamp is incredibly difficult to read. Either way Whatever hit the helmet hit it pretty hard. Thank you both for the help!