Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Korean War M1-C liner?

Article about: Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in this liner I have on my hands. It's a Seaman Paper Company liner that has been rigger modified to Airborne configuration but has been webbed wi

?

Just for those still interested, a piece of the flaky paint came off and revealed on its underside that it was a different shade of green to that on the surface, much more like that of a U.S WW2 era liner. This would seem to indicate that the liner itself was likely leftover stock that was sold to the Greeks after the war and then repainted afterwards. Just thought this info would be useful to those wondering whether it was indeed the liner or the molds that were sold and it is likely the former.

Korean War M1-C liner?

That and the liner garter studs for the leather chin strap are made from steel and not brass like all of the other added components.

?

I have 2 helmets that are similar in webbing design. The difference of the 2 is one has a smooth texture webbing and the other has a more checkered texture. Both helmets are Westinghouse post Korean War era.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War M1-C liner?   Korean War M1-C liner?  

Korean War M1-C liner?   Korean War M1-C liner?  

Korean War M1-C liner?   Korean War M1-C liner?  

Korean War M1-C liner?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2