Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late vietnam war helmet NEED HELP!

Article about: I have a late war vietnam m1-helmet it has a cover which i think was issued in 1970 but the liner is dated February 1975. On the cover are captain bars and taped on the helmet is )(Capt, NIN

Default Late vietnam war helmet NEED HELP!

I have a late war vietnam m1-helmet it has a cover which i think was issued in 1970 but the liner is dated February 1975. On the cover are captain bars and taped on the helmet is )(Capt, NINC, OPS Pilot) Any help would really be great i spent 35 dollars on it and i would like to know if it was a good deal.

Default Re: Late vietnam war helmet NEED HELP!

Quote by JimmyMack View Post
    I have a late war vietnam m1-helmet it has a cover which i think was issued in 1970 but the liner is dated February 1975. On the cover are captain bars and taped on the helmet is )(Capt, NINC, OPS Pilot) Any help would really be great i spent 35 dollars on it and i would like to know if it was a good deal.
    someone probably changed the liner at some later point, it's not a big deal, these helmets were used into the 80's when they came out with the kevlar crap, so it's not a big deal , unless you are into being totally correct, the old one could have gotten damaged & replaced. I have about 7 NAM helmets, never even looked at the liners really. NICK D is the m-1 expert around here. take care & good deal on finding a named helmet, only 2 of mine were named. good hunting
    regards Marty

Default Re: Late vietnam war helmet NEED HELP!

Thank you for getting back so quick my pictures would not upload but i was wondering what (ops pilot) means and why he would be wearing an m1-helmet.

-Mack