Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late War? Rear seam M1

Article about: Hello everyone! I purchased a M1 off eBay and it arrived today. I believe it to be a mid-late war production due to the rear seam, however the batch number seems rather low to me. To my know

Default Late War? Rear seam M1

Hello everyone! I purchased a M1 off eBay and it arrived today.
    I believe it to be a mid-late war production due to the rear seam, however the batch number seems rather low to me. To my knowledge, war produced shells (at least McCord not too familiar with Shluter) go up to 1300, and another m1 in my collection goes to show that with a batch number of 1261. However this one has a number of 101E, I'm not an expert on batch numbers but that seems to me low for a rear seam. The paint is also very "tan" compared to my other one. Not a big factor because I know they used many variations of paint color. If anyone has any knowledge on when you date this helmet it will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Late War? Rear seam M1

Late War? Rear seam M1

Late War? Rear seam M1

Late War? Rear seam M1

Late War? Rear seam M1
    The last picture is of my other M1 for reference

If you look at the spacing between the "1" and the "E" there's a digit stamped lightly there so its 101?E.end of mystery hopefully.!!!

Thank you! There is definitely either an 8 or 6 after the 1. I appreciate it. Any idea where that would line up for a date? Maybe late 44? My other one I believe is may of 1945 and that has a higher stamp number than this one

Definitely one of the earlier rear seamed so late 44 would be my guess.