Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Late War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone liner

Article about: I picked up a good example of a late war Rear seam Schlueter lid with a Firestone liner. The lot number is 517B and I have not been able to figure out a date besides post 11/44 when they wen

Default Late War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone liner

I picked up a good example of a late war Rear seam Schlueter lid with a Firestone liner. The lot number is 517B and I have not been able to figure out a date besides post 11/44 when they went to the rear seam. All appears to be original IMHO. This one might have been late enough where it never was issued so lacks any history but will is a good example to compare to. Missing a chin strap. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Late War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone linerLate War Rear Seam Schlueter with Firestone liner

Congratulations on the great pick up, I don't think I've ever seen a mintier M1 than this one!

very nice!

Very nice helmet. I’ll join politefaun, I don’t think I have seen a m1 shell in this condition either. There is even a couple of cork still on the loops!! Can’t remember I have even seen that before!
    Treasure for sure you got there

Nice John ... you are on a Helmet Roll! I just got my 1st Swivel Loop Schlueter ...Front seam.... I dig them now haha. Ill post it up this week. Paint is minty but not like this. Its Interesting the paint on the Loops. Same as mine. Guess they were painted like that at factory. You see so many bare metal ones that you don't notice Haven't looked really before I guess. A really Nice example. Thanks for sharing
    Z

Great one John, whack a net on it so it doesn't scratch up so easy.

Minty is right, nice!!

Absolutely beautiful minty late war set...well done adding this to your collection........