Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late WW2 McCord USN Captain Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys Here’s a nice late war Navy. Rear seam swivel loop w HBT OD7 Chinstraps. It Has a 3 number McCord lot number that’s hard to make out. If the "charts" are to be believed

Default Late WW2 McCord USN Captain Helmet

Hi Guys
    Here’s a nice late war Navy. Rear seam swivel loop w HBT OD7 Chinstraps. It Has a 3 number McCord lot number that’s hard to make out. If the "charts" are to be believed I assume this is from late 1944. This one has just the right amount of grit and wear for me. I’ve read blue navy helmets are for smaller boats and the grey are for the larger ships. Don’t know if this is true but putting it out there. Anyway. A nice edition to my WW2 M1 collection. I Hope you like it!

PS This was purchased without a liner. I have a nice MSA one en route but if it's not a set so why wait to present it

Z

I like it! I cannot comment on the blue or grey colors.
    John

MAP
    ?

Very nice. I like it too
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Steel rear seam, nice late jobby! Blue Grey -wasn't it the paint colour available that was used at the time?

I don’t know Rene. Just talked to a few folks. Have not read anything concrete myself. Blue (I have a blue one posted below this posting a few down I think) was LST and PBR type smaller craft and Grey was the big dudes like battleships and carriers but like I said. No idea. Whatever paint they had works too. Paint and M1s will always be an enigma to me.

Captain would have been pretty grumpy about the the paint on the chinstrap too!!
    Usually USN M1 helmets for Seamen are slotted into magazines on the larger vessels for action stations, just a note

“Captain Slob” was the officers name

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    “Captain Slob” was the officers name
    Perfect