Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover

Article about: Here I have a Vietnam period M1. The helmet is an Ingersol manufactured helmet with the stamp number of I 1812, they made the M1 body from 1965 until 1967 after which they dropped out of hel

Default M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover

Here I have a Vietnam period M1. The helmet is an Ingersol manufactured helmet with the stamp number of I 1812, they made the M1 body from 1965 until 1967 after which they dropped out of helmet manufacturing. The liner is a nylon made liner and this one was produced by CMP (consolidated molded products), you can just make out the CMP mark next to the number 6 on the pics (I had to really zoom in on this to make it out). The liner was has a manufacturing ink stamp of 1 MAY 1969 and has a 69 dated leather headband. Like a lot of the nylon made liners they sport some very trippy colours this one is a yellowish greenish and almost luminous. The helmet cover is a first pattern 69 dated ERDL cover although they were not issued to US forces till 1971. It is in fantastic condition with minor wear and tear and looks fantastic on this mid war period Vietnam helmet. Thanks for looking guys and I still have a few more M1s to put up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover   M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover  

M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover   M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover  

M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover   M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover  

M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover  

Again according to Mr Big's postwar book CMP never produced Liners before 1974-1976 so where this fits in exactly i just don't know,its clearly dated 69 and the mold mark sort of looks correct,but its the first i've ever seen so to be brutally honest i'm stumped,but still a set i would have anyday in my collection.

It doesn't look like the CMP stamp that I have seen on other examples. I will take another pic when
    I can in more natural light to see but this mold in mark is literally 2mm big and had to zoom in to see it better.

Hi Jake I cleaned up the inside of the liner where the mold in mark is and it is a lot more clearer. I took 2 more pics with a light either side of the stamp and it still looks like CMP to me. If they didn't make liners until 1974 could this be a prototype or a test model for when they are bidding for contracts with the government? Maybe CMP were issued with a contract to make liners earlier than previously known?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover   M1 with 1969 dated cotton duck ERDL cover