Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover

Article about: Dry spell lately on Chaplain helmets and I have sold a few this year so I was time to add one to the shelf. This was a sleeper on Ebay and I was surprised when I opened it up. It is a legiti

Default M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover

Dry spell lately on Chaplain helmets and I have sold a few this year so I was time to add one to the shelf. This was a sleeper on Ebay and I was surprised when I opened it up. It is a legitimate Chaplains helmet from the 70’s with a ERDL cover with a Vietnam era cross. The liner has a cross made with medical tape and foam in the liner for comfort. The surprise was when I lifted the cover and found the same style cross on the hemet. The cross on the cover has damaged the tape which adds to the validity of cross on the cover.
    It’s not a sexy helmet but cool to me. Enjoy

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover   M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover  

M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover   M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Very nice Marty. Really like this one. Never seen someone add foam to the liner before!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a really nice helmet I like the medical tape on the shell and liner. Also, the foam on the liner is similar to the foam that was later added to the PASGT.

Very sweet.. Never seen foam padding like that before. Any finding a "surprise" under the cover like that is a bonus

Just sent you another for sale (coincendence) on another forum
    Z

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice Marty. Really like this one. Never seen someone add foam to the liner before!
    A most intriguing helmet Marty.

Strangely the foam has interest all of its own and I would love to know what it is from. To me it looks like it is some kind of cushioning from a "special to contents" container. Maybe from some kind of ammo container or similar?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-30-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    A most intriguing helmet Marty.

Strangely the foam has interest all of its own and I would love to know what it is from. To me it looks like it is some kind of cushioning from a "special to contents" container. Maybe from some kind of ammo container or similar?

Regards

Mark
    I will remove it tonight and take more pictures.

Another Chaplain to add to all the other great sets you already have Marty,great find don't see many like this around nice one bud........

?

CONGRATS MARTY!
    Another great addition!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Foam pad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover   M1 chaplain helmet with ERDL cover