Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and a newbie to collecting M1 helmets. I would like to ask about this M1 helmet that is soon-to-be imported from the USA. It shows a light green finish (po

Default M1 Helmet

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and a newbie to collecting M1 helmets.

I would like to ask about this M1 helmet that is soon-to-be imported from the USA. It shows a light green finish (possibly post-war repaint, but not too sure). The seller describes it as "WWII US M1 Swivel Bale Rear Seam Helmet with Nice Straps". Not too sure about the straps, if someone could possibly point out if they are original or not.

The heat stamp can be seen a bit, I can only make out a 1,7 a very faded 1 and either a 4 or A. It shows cork texture, so I know it is not Nam era.

I would much appreciate if someone could help me work out if this is a late WW2 M1 helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

Last edited by Seagle07; 10-22-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: further explanation to validate a point I am trying to make.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures once you are approved.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Naa he's whacked up ebay links!

MAP
    ?

Please upload photos directly to the forum. If you don't know how, you can follow this guide

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you, I will upload the images

Looks like an Original M1, with Original Paint, should be a post war shell though, all WWII M1´s where front seam as far as i know.

It is a late WWII shell. After Nov 1944 it is quite normal to see the rear seam and the manganese steel rim.

Thank you, what do you think of the paint? Not sure about its colour.

Although day light pics are always best to look at paint and it would be great to see the batch number. In my opinion it is all correct. A nice example.

Nah many ww11 shells were rear seamed, straps look ok but unsure if they are true to the shell, would like to see natural daylight pics of the paint before making a call on that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast