Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I have a question about this M1 helmet. Is the helmet a war production?, the number is 1109E. Does the helmet have camouflage applied?

Post M1 Helmet

Hello everyone,
    I have a question about this M1 helmet.
    Is the helmet a war production?, the number is 1109E.
    Does the helmet have camouflage applied?

Ok, so I did a little research on the helmet, it seems that the helmet is war production, also used after the war, I bought the helmet with this liner.

Maybe someone would like to share their observations?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet   M1 Helmet  

M1 Helmet  
    Last edited by Skalski; 07-15-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Helmet looks like the McCord production, heat stamp number suggests December 1944 / January 1945. However interesting is that this is the front seam of the rim - officially it was changed to rear seam in November 1944, however it could happen sometimes (I have M1 with fixed bales and heat stamp number from December 1943 - officially swivel bales were implemented in August 1943 and fixed bales were disregarded).
    It's repainted, probably many times after the war and has T1 chin strap fastener, introduced in 1945, and commonly used in Korea, Vietnam and so on.
    Liner is a postwar version, most likely Vietnam War origin.
    You could probably find an answer whether this steel pot was used during the war, when name and ASN stenciled inside was identified.

Tomasz,
    Thank you for your answer, everything is clear, maybe someone will correctly decipher the signature inside the helmet.

Best Regards

Interesting helmet and I even more interesting finish on the helmet. It’s hard to tell when it was done and it’s an unknown as to when the post Vietnam liner was put with the helmet.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td