Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Covers

Article about: I have some questions about M1 Covers and camo-bands, hope some of you lads can help me out. I'm trying to jazz up one of my M1 clones and I'd like to add a Michell pattern cover and a camo

?

Default M1 Helmet Covers

I have some questions about M1 Covers and camo-bands, hope some of you lads can help me out. I'm trying to jazz up one of my M1 clones and I'd like to add a Michell pattern cover and a camo band.

I've only found one place selling camo bands (not cat-eyes, just a regular camo band.), and the asking price is quite high. Are they very rare or something?

I also found an ad in a local website for just a cover, but no price so I'd like to make an offer. What would a fair price for a Michell cover and a camo band be?

Thanks for the help,
    Nitram

?

Default re: M1 Helmet Covers

the bands are not rare as such but NAM era ones don't come up that often try eBay you could also get the ones with cats eyes & just remove the cats eyes it'll still look the part as for the cover depending on date & condition between $15-$20

helmet bands BAND HELMET M-1 M1 ELASTIC ViETNAM ERA 1970 NEW NOS | eBay

Moore militaria has a stock of camouflage bands, and they make their own of original Vietnam era rolls.

?

Cheers for the info guys!

Nitram

Default Re: M1 Helmet Covers

I've picked up a few from Hayes, here is the link. Hayes Otoupalik

W/O looking, I think they were $14US which is the low end of the going rate.

Default Re: M1 Helmet Covers

is that the one's selling on ebay?if so i've got one and there pretty cool came off a 1970 dated dsa roll,dave