Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet and liner

Article about: Sorry all I posted this in the wrong thread.

Default M1 helmet and liner

Yesterday morning I bought this M1 helmet and liner at a flea market for a pretty cheap price. I think the helmet and liner are from ww2 but I am not 100% sure. The helmet is a front seam and the liner has a westinghouse mark on the inside. The heat stamp is longer visible unfortunately.M1 helmet and linerM1 helmet and liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet and liner   M1 helmet and liner  

M1 helmet and liner   M1 helmet and liner  

M1 helmet and liner  
    Last edited by PanzerFaus; 11-11-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Yes both are late-WW2 period, the shell still has the original finish but has been repainted, in the early 1950's is my guess. Nice find!

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Yes both are late-WW2 period, the shell still has the original finish but has been repainted, in the early 1950's is my guess. Nice find!
    That's very interesting. The liner has a very unqie paint job. I have never come across a ww2 liner that had that kind of bright green color.

The liner has obviously been repainted too but this shade of green was not standard used, so impossible to say when or by who it was done.

Don't be tempted to try removing the paint from the liner, I don't think its worth it.