Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 liner with Green Fiber is Post Vietnam?

Article about: Hi All, The "phenolic resin" in my M1 liner is green. Wiki says that is one of the changes they made in the early seventies. Does that mean my green(fiber) liner is post-vietnam er

Default M1 liner with Green Fiber is Post Vietnam?

Hi All,
    The "phenolic resin" in my M1 liner is green. Wiki says that is one of the changes they made in the early seventies. Does that mean my green(fiber) liner is post-vietnam era? There's a manufacturer symbol in the inside center that I don't recognize as well. Could this be international? I bought it from a us army surplus in the late '70s.
    Thanks.

--EDIT--
    Maybe I'm out of line here, I just realized the forum is "WW2 militaria". Sorry, it's late.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 liner with Green Fiber is Post Vietnam?  

?

Default Re: M1 liner with Green Fiber is Post Vietnam?

mine has tan & brown stripes lamination ?

Looks to be US late 70's type. Technically its a Vietnam Era but post Vietnam War helmet liner. Most of the Vietnam Liners were a more brown color. You can also read the stamping on the inside and possibly get a date code within the long FSN number.

Remember though the Vietnam war didnt end until 1975

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    Looks to be US late 70's type. Technically its a Vietnam Era but post Vietnam War helmet liner. Most of the Vietnam Liners were a more brown color. You can also read the stamping on the inside and possibly get a date code within the long FSN number.
    what if a helmet were to have tan and brown stripes with 'nam era rivets in the netting but seem to read a '78 date on the DLA number?
    Last edited by alexpayne1995; 07-23-2011 at 08:17 PM.

I have a couple of 1967 dated paratrooper liners that are the same green color inside

yea the liner looks to be very late Vietnam War/Post War. i have one myself.