Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 liner id (euro)

Article about: Need help id a liner, I bought a 2 helmet lot first helmet and liner was ww2 the second helmet is dressed as Vietnam helmet cover,band,chinstrap correct helmet can't Id due to rust pitting a

Default M1 liner id (euro)

Need help id a liner, I bought a 2 helmet lot first helmet and liner was ww2 the second helmet is dressed as Vietnam helmet cover,band,chinstrap correct helmet can't Id due to rust pitting and been faint only can make out a 2. The liner I think is a euro one the stamp looks like V8 1956 5 the colour is German field grey, but with the bundeswehr didn't start until 55 and was supplied with American helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 liner id (euro)   M1 liner id (euro)  

Dutch liner for the M1953 Troepenhelm, made bij VerBliFa ('Verenigde Blik Fabrieken') in 1955. Originally it was green but could have been painted grey for Navy or Airforce use.

M53 Binnenhelmen Inner helmets

Thanks for the response it's harder to find out info on euro liners and helmets compared to the US.

You may find this helpful - "Euroclones" - An essentiel collector's guide - OCAD Militaria Collectors Resources - it was compiled (some years ago) by Canadian collector Roger Lucy. I found it very useful as a basic guide.