Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 U.S. Army Steel Helmet

Article about: Text: Inside: Front: Side: This is my M1 U.S. Army Vietnam Issued Helmet Dated September 7th 1973 The text in one of the pictures says: Liner, Ground Troop's Helmet (Combat) Type I 73 Sept.

Default M1 U.S. Army Steel Helmet

Text:

Inside:

Front:

Side:

This is my M1 U.S. Army Vietnam Issued Helmet

Dated September 7th 1973

The text in one of the pictures says:

Liner, Ground Troop's Helmet (Combat) Type I
    73 Sept. 7 DSA100-74-C-0208

This was a birthday gift from my mother last year.

It is not the rarest helmet out there but that doesn't matter.

This is not a WW2 dated helmet but it is the same design through WW2 to the 1980's.
    Last edited by RedArmyCollector; 05-16-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: WW2-1980's

Default Re: M1 U.S. Army Steel Helmet

Nice helmet , i was just 13 years old when that baby was born , i can still remmber seeing the war on our nieghbours tv during the 60s , seems a long time ago now , cheers Raymond

Tom2
    ?

How about this-I was in USAF in the 80's. We were issued helmets at random when we had an excercise requiring that head gear, it was not part of our usual "kit". The helmets themselves may have been WW2, some had the darker paint and some of them had WW2 dated liners. I remember a very nice one I wore having a USMC 1944 mark inside the liner. Probably should have "borrowed" it, I believe they were tossed in large cardboard boxes at the end, no special accountability for the issue of the items. Most were not interested in having one. Just an annoying heavy steel bucket on your noggin to contend witih.

tony touch
    ?

hi, my name is Guillermo, i am from spian

are you looking for an M1?, i have one

the serial number is 1230 E, you can read it perfectly in the pictures that i can send you...and it is compltelly the same that the pictures of helmets on this web site.

my helmet is the same than the pictures from 1941 to 1945.

http://www.helmy.w8w.pl/amerykanski%20wz.M1.htm

if you are interesting you can write to my adress; and i can send you the original pictures of my helmet.

thanks

guiyermis@hotmail.com

?

Quote by tony touch View Post
    hi, my name is Guillermo, i am from spian

are you looking for an M1?, i have one

the serial number is 1230 E, you can read it perfectly in the pictures that i can send you...and it is compltelly the same that the pictures of helmets on this web site.

my helmet is the same than the pictures from 1941 to 1945.

http://www.helmy.w8w.pl/amerykanski%20wz.M1.htm

if you are interesting you can write to my adress; and i can send you the original pictures of my helmet.

thanks

guiyermis@hotmail.com
    if you have something to sell we have a for sale section otherwise this could be seen as spamming !!