Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M1 vietnam War era camo helmets

Article about: Hi, I have seen few examples of M1 lids with camo paint especially WW2 ones, fewer vietnam War ones (Mostly ARVN). But these two I bought recently are quite Interesting. Firstly I got poor p

Default M1 vietnam War era camo helmets

Hi,

I have seen few examples of M1 lids with camo paint especially WW2 ones, fewer vietnam War ones (Mostly ARVN).

But these two I bought recently are quite Interesting. Firstly I got poor photos of the batch, so I thought they were classic "Apple" Green helmets. However when I got them in my hands I have seen they have two tone of Green on them, classic munsell Green and some darker shade painted on. Hope you can see on photos that I will attach that two tone variation. One Lid is ingersoll and other is Parrish so it dates them 65-68 something.

If there is one I would say that is somebodies art work, but two with the same camo paint in the same batch?

Anybody got/has seen these kind of camo? Any thoughts?

My wild guess would be ARVN
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 vietnam War era camo helmets   M1 vietnam War era camo helmets  

M1 vietnam War era camo helmets   M1 vietnam War era camo helmets  

M1 vietnam War era camo helmets  

Good looking lids, but to know if they’re ARVN it’s almost impossible to know for sure.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yeah I can understand that, but I was going for some photo reference but I didn't find anything.