Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M2 for Discussion.!!!

Article about: WWII WW2 US Army 101st Airborne M2 Front Seam D Bale Para Helmet 591A Stamp Name | eBay

Yes "shill bidding" is always a risk with items of "collectible value" and what many do not realise is that Ebay can and do (in the case of complaints) research the ip address of the suspect bidder but this is fairly easily countered by the seller ensuring that his accomplices use devices at other locations than his so that at face value they appear unconnected. It would take a criminal investigation to prove otherwise and the chances of that below high 5 figure prices are almost non-existent unless there is solid other evidence of fraud/conspiracy

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

So apparently it's now been relisted but thanks Mark I couldn't think of the correct term for it "shill Bidding" that's why you should have a price in your head and stick to it and not get drawn into temptation and paying way about the items actual true worth.!!!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    So apparently it's now been relisted but thanks Mark I couldn't think of the correct term for it "shill Bidding" that's why you should have a price in your head and stick to it and not get drawn into temptation and paying way about the items actual true worth.!!!
    I think re-listing is also a distraction tactic making it appear like a different item and re-starting the process possibly provoking new interest which just muddies the water further albeit that it is probably not neccessary from the point of view of the likeliehood of any serious investigation because as we collectors know too well the chance of interesting the authorities in this area of business is extremely low. After all, it's only old military junk right?
    Not that I am at all cynical!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

New description ……

This helmet is a repaint job likely done by Ebay seller Easy Green. Although original listing stated unknown if original or repaint, we received more info and decided to pull to list with new information. Being sold as an M2 Clone.

It's a nice representation of an original which would easily be in the five figure mark i'd be happy paying $300 as a nice talking point but no more and Yes Zach you are correct after the Helmet was relisted the opening line states "This is a repaint probably done by Easy Green a well known ebayer".!!!

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    It's a nice representation of an original which would easily be in the five figure mark i'd be happy paying $300 as a nice talking point but no more and Yes Zach you are correct after the Helmet was relisted the opening line states "This is a repaint probably done by Easy Green a well known ebayer".!!!
    Ha, so he did realise he had been "sussed". At least the description is now honest. I wonder what made him realis, is he lurking here?

Regards

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Ha, so he did realise he had been "sussed". At least the description is now honest. I wonder what made him realis, is he lurking here?

Regards

Mark
    It Twas I ! Mark ..... I was looking for a Quick buck

Joking of course .... My question though is ..... Was this item originally listed for a High starting price ? Or it was bid up to something high an the seller just listed for a low amount and some dummy pumped money into it ? The reason I ask is that if it was listed for a high price originally its no good. It from a seller here in US that does alot of business

Z

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    It Twas I ! Mark ..... I was looking for a Quick buck

Joking of course .... My question though is ..... Was this item originally listed for a High starting price ? Or it was bid up to something high an the seller just listed for a low amount and some dummy pumped money into it ? The reason I ask is that if it was listed for a high price originally its no good. It from a seller here in US that does alot of business

Z
    Good point Zach,

There is no telling what will happen when some of the eBay dwelling "Doomers" get into a feeding frenzy.
    To give the seller credit, perhaps he didn't realise that it might be assumed to be an original and re-listed it when it became apparent that idiots were fighting over it and creating an unrealistic bid level?

If it goes for a high price with the current description then fair enough!

Regards

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2