Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M2 for Discussion.!!!

Article about: WWII WW2 US Army 101st Airborne M2 Front Seam D Bale Para Helmet 591A Stamp Name | eBay

Default M2 for Discussion.!!!

WWII WW2 US Army 101st Airborne M2 Front Seam D Bale Para Helmet 591A Stamp Name | eBay
    Maybe someone knows something I don't but dammed if i'd risk spending that amount of cash on a might be but most likely isn't.!!!

?

Right off the bat - Why is the cork and paint near perfect except at the painted areas? To me, this says forced aging and wear, which is a major red flag and a deal breaker, so why look any further. Besides the lot number is too high from what is known. Unless you woodworked it yourself or had bulletproof provenance and documentation from a very reliable and reputable source, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Easy green type of mock up - IMO. So, someone will likely be paying big bucks for a reenactor example.
    Regards,
    John

Easy Green in my opinion
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Ouch! Saw it, thought it was bad but good to see you all agree.

I posted on another Platform and exactly the same conclusions really but yes it's a nice representation of an original and would display nicely in an office but for me $300 would be the max to pay.the seller doesn't even show the inside of the liner neither did Firestone produce AB liners during ww2 the last original set from the 101st which was actually from a member of Easy was sold back around 2010/12 for 24'000 euros.
    most M2 original shells usually show heavy rewelding multiple times around the looped feet but this has none apart from Easy green C-C Collectables does these and are still on sale today on ebay.this has to be one of those pieces from the more recent past.why do people with money just jump in like this and spend thousands on something that isn't genuine.!!!

Pictures now added for future referance.!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M2 for Discussion.!!!   M2 for Discussion.!!!  

M2 for Discussion.!!!   M2 for Discussion.!!!  

M2 for Discussion.!!!  

yes john you are correct in nearly if not all examples the damage only always seems to be within the borders of the decals never across the whole helmet.it screams copy copy copy.!!!

Ebay auction has been ended.maybe Ebay got hammered with complaints about the item being a complete fake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Ebay auction has been ended.maybe Ebay got hammered with complaints about the item being a complete fake.
    Or maybe the seller twigged that he had been sussed!

Shamefull

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

You never really know what goes on at Ebay.you can get bidders which are part of a syndicate deliberately bidding to push the price sky high or maybe the seller deep down knew it wasn't the real deal and suddenly developed a conscious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast