Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

McCord Radiator Stainless steel fixed loops.

Article about: Hey guys thought i'd share a bit of my knowledge as i'm not as active here as i used to be.anyway between June 1941 and october 1943 McCord Radiator used at least three different variants of

Default McCord Radiator Stainless steel fixed loops.

Hey guys thought i'd share a bit of my knowledge as i'm not as active here as i used to be.anyway between June 1941 and october 1943 McCord Radiator used at least three different variants of stainless steel fixed loops for the M1 helmet.type one seen on the first production types running from heat treatment stamp 20-55 these are exceptionly short barely extending past the rim edge,very short legs and wide welded feet.type two these can be found on heat treatment stamps 55-155.these are slightly longer shanks with small welded feet and extend slightly higher above the rim,type three usually the most common found due to covering the biggest production area of the M1 Helmet heat treatment stamps 155-around 780/800 when swivel loops replaced fixed loops.hope this helps educate new as well as seasoned collectors.now there is some debate between collectors that a forth type was also used same shape as the third design but with wider feet.below are three images from my personal collection outlining the above information.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture McCord Radiator Stainless steel fixed loops.   McCord Radiator Stainless steel fixed loops.  

McCord Radiator Stainless steel fixed loops.  

MAP
    ?

Very informative thread Jake! Thanks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Jake for adding this very informative information. This is something I’ve never paid attention to.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td