Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

medic helmet?

Article about: hello all, just wondering whatcha think about this m1 i found for sale, there was a medic helmet i found last week but sold before i got to it which im kicking myself about still. this one w

Default medic helmet?

hello all, just wondering whatcha think about this m1 i found for sale, there was a medic helmet i found last week but sold before i got to it which im kicking myself about still. this one was also listed but my concerns are that the helmet hasnt been sold in a while, and the paint of the medic crosses looks to be aged more then the pot. what do you think? and if its real what should be a top dollar i should pay since i have to make an offer. thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medic helmet?   medic helmet?  

medic helmet?   medic helmet?  

medic helmet?  

MAP
    ?

IMHO your instincts are correct. The crosses look contrived and artificially aged to me.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-28-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Just another faked helmet insignia.
    I wouldn't have it if it was given to me.

i see these two online for sale that look better then the helmet posted above, i was wondering for the second one if you guys would uncover the medic symbols or leave it be. Im kind of torn on what to do if i were to get it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medic helmet?   medic helmet?  

any thoughts?

Hi, the thread opener is clearly a faked medic shell, as is the first of the second two. The over painted one however may well be a good one, but some clear close up images would be needed to be sure. If it were a good one, I would not uncover the Medic insignia as it would ruin the originality of the piece as it appears to be a regulation over paint. Leon.

really, i thought the second one was real! i was going to get it

Quote by Patches View Post
    really, i thought the second one was real! i was going to get it
    Hi, the same indicators apply to the second helmet as the ones you spotted on the thread opener. The wear patterns just do not match up at all. 99.9% of all medic helmets from any nationality are fakes. Getting a good one is as rare as the proverbial! The over painted one you have shown stands a chance in my opinion, but do not be surprised if that turns out to be an "elaborate" deceiver!
    Here is the one and only "honest" Medic helmet that I own (British though), I have the original vets personal effects and diary's that go with it, so it is a guaranteed 100% authentic lid. Leon.medic helmet?medic helmet?medic helmet?medic helmet?