Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My m1 helmet!

Article about: Rescue190 sold me a m1 helmet from the Vietnam era! it finally arrived. What are your opinions on this one? ps. what does the (W)103 mean in the liner?

Default My m1 helmet!

Rescue190 sold me a m1 helmet from the Vietnam era! it finally arrived.
    What are your opinions on this one?

ps. what does the (W)103 mean in the liner?

My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!
    My m1 helmet!

The ‘W’ is the maker’s stamp for Westinghouse Electric Company, Pittsburgh, PA, the manufacturer of the liner. 103 is the lot number. As far as I know, there’s no way to date them by those numbers alone.

B.B.

Here you can limit the production period. These 1956 liner patterns were manufactured between 1956 and 1964.

Judd & North's unmarked chinstrap was produced in the late 1960s to early 1970s.

Do the helmet shell and the cover have markings and stamps?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Here you can limit the production period. These 1956 liner patterns were manufactured between 1956 and 1964.

Judd & North's unmarked chinstrap was produced in the late 1960s to early 1970s.

Do the helmet shell and the cover have markings and stamps?
    the helmet shell has no markings or stamps but the mitch cover does have markings:
    My m1 helmet!

i found out that there is a marking M 81 A. does this mean its a late ww2 rear seam?

Minty unissued P55 Liner and a really nice 1970 Mitchell cover the shell is from the 1951 production run by McCord.!!!

I can’t believe that John sold you a Euroclone. What nerve he has! LOL

Great set you have there friend. He hooked you up. Liner is killer. Great US VN helmet set.

Z

PS If you want some reading to go along with this great piece “the long gray line” by Rick Atkinson. Currently reading as we speak (and know one of the vets / west pointers in the book. Just a bonus)

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    I can’t believe that John sold you a Euroclone. What nerve he has! LOL

Great set you have there friend. He hooked you up. Liner is killer. Great US VN helmet set.

Z

PS If you want some reading to go along with this great piece “the long gray line” by Rick Atkinson. Currently reading as we speak (and know one of the vets / west pointers in the book. Just a bonus)
    wait what?? this is a euroclone?

Like a Belgian, German and Austrian made, but I reckon it's Aussie made

Naa nice pick up

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast