Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need help

Article about: Hi I just catch this liner souvenir from French veterans, on the front you have a badge, I can’t remember what is it, I’m sure I Saw it before but no way to remember. May you help me. Th

Default Need help

Hi
    I just catch this liner souvenir from French veterans, on the front you have a badge, I can’t remember what is it, I’m sure I Saw it before but no way to remember.
    May you help me.
    The liner is inland lot used by Firestone.
    Thanks guy’s.
    Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help   Need help  

Need help  

Fred,
    I wish I could help you with with the ID . It almost looks like a A/B insignia but that’s a just my opinion. I like the liner, you found a good one.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The markings look similar to what the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team used in Korea BUT.. their Tactical Markings were on the side of the helmet and not the front. Most of the liners were marked on the front 11th A/B. If this was a 187th TAC mark, this is for 3rd Battalion 187th.

I won't completely dismiss this as NOT being a 187th liner, but this is the first one I have ever seen if it were from the 187th.

I will have to do some more research and reach out to a friend of mine who has a large collection of 187th helmets..

Smitty

Many thanks for your help. I hope we will found what is it.
    I don’t collect airborne stuff so sure I have no information about it.
    Fred

Fred,
    You have a nice M1 helmet collection and you’re always finding wonderful new items.

Marty

Thanks TD, I love M1 helmets
    Fred

I will post my last 517 AB helmet, found in Grasse city near Nice.
    Fred

Look forward to seeing it. Feel free to share your other helmets

Marty