Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need Information for this M1 Liner

Article about: Hello everyone

Question Need Information for this M1 Liner

Hello everyone, whats the mean this stamp(sw3 78) ? Can you tell me information for this liner? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Information for this M1 Liner   Need Information for this M1 Liner  

Need Information for this M1 Liner   Need Information for this M1 Liner  

Need Information for this M1 Liner   Need Information for this M1 Liner  

Need Information for this M1 Liner  

This appears to be another European Clone helmet of the US M1 variation. The stamping on this inside is most likely a manufacturing/makers mark. I would take a guess that the 78 indicates the year of manufacturing.

This appears to be a one piece light weight helmet (One piece meaning that there is no inner liner like you would see on US military M1 helmets with an outer steel helmet and an inner fiber liner.

This one appears to have the head suspension and other parts integrated into the entire helmet.

But this one is not US...

Best regards

Smitty

+1 to not an American made liner like Smitty says. I think many Euroclones have an Ink stamp in them as embossed stamp like this but of US Liner Manufacturers ... "SW3" (It see on there I think?) is not one of the US Makers
    Z

German manufacturers contracted to produce VDN steel shells and SW liners during the 1960's for other countries notibly the nato m53 dutch m1 however can't find any info on this liner setup?usually SW liners were set up exactly like their US counterparts,sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to answer this question.

This is not a Dutch used helmet. The sweatband (put in backwards) is not as the Dutch used them. Also the chinstrap is not Dutch, nor are the bands of the suspension.

SW3 78 stands for Schuberth Werke, march 1978. This is also a common marking in Dutch liners. VDN 78 stands for Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke. They made steel M1 clone shell's. It is a riddle to me why this liner is marked in this manner.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hello,

this a german made Liner of the Schuberth Werke Braunschweig, Mold-Number 3, Year of production 1978.

These liners were made for export to Turkey. You can still see the crescent moon and the star on the front.

As has already been said, VDN are the Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke, those who produced the helmet shell.

VDN probably also stamped the inner helmet because complete products were delivered.

In my opinion a very rare helmet, even if there are hardly any collectors for it.

Regards

I did search other liner but why this liner's middle area has not round fixing rope ?

I concur with Sleepwalker. Probably used by Turkey.

The suspension has been replaced (new rivets) by Turkey (I guess). A different design was used. More like the later US M1 liner suspensions.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi,

yes the liner was revised / mordenized in Turkey.

You can also tell from the new rivets.

Here is one from a Turkish production for comparison. The same rivets and the same inner suspensions.

Turkey M1 Airborne - Brendon's Helmets

Regards