Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New collector here, need help with a M1 helmet

Article about: So basically i want to finish my vietnam era gear and i have a hard time winning auctions on eBay to get my hands on a m1 helmet and i actually came across this helmet thats for sale but has

Default New collector here, need help with a M1 helmet

So basically i want to finish my vietnam era gear and i have a hard time winning auctions on eBay to get my hands on a m1 helmet and i actually came across this helmet thats for sale but has no useful item description so i don't know whether its a good deal (my budget is 200usd)

VIETNAM WAR US ARMY M1 HELMET WITH CAMO COVER & MP (MILITARY POLICE) LINER | eBay

What do you think guys?

Hi what exactly are you after in terms of a Nam era Helmet?this one is obviously been repainted on the liner and the inner shell so most likely the outer too.the Mitch cover is ok.!!!

Hello
    First of all thank you very much for your comment i appreciate it very much.
    Actually i was hoping to find a untouched m1 shell and liner with a mitchell cover. i don't have the knowledge to spot a repainted one immediately.

To be honest i can't believe how much prices on these sets vary ranging from $100 up to $350 it's crazy everyone is trying their luck with the pandemic.i've looked down the first three pages of US ebay and found some on auction style starting really low so if your getting outbid at the $200 mark maybe a Buy It Now could be a safer and guaranteed opion.

Your a legend man! thank you so much gonna buy it right away

bidding is not an option, they go up to 200+ usd even ones without the mitchell cover go 180+

Sending you a PM. A friend of mine has one that he is willing to part with since he changed his museum to WWI.
    John

Hello,

It is also interesting that this helmet is offered as a Vietnam war helmet.

The neck band in the liner is already made according to this.

The badge on the liner belongs to the 372nd Military Police Battalion. This unit was never in Vietnam.

372nd Military Police Company (United States) - Wikipedia

Regards

?

Hello ! Could you please post pictures directly to the thread ? It is difficult to imagine what the conversation was like many months / years down the road when this thread may be viewed for research and there is nothing to see for comparison..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New collector here, need help with a M1 helmet  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast