Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 M1 helmet

Article about: Hello, good afternoon, I have found this interesting helmet, I don't know much about M1 helmets because there were many versions, the seller says that it is all original from the Second Worl

Default Original WW2 M1 helmet

Hello, good afternoon, I have found this interesting helmet, I don't know much about M1 helmets because there were many versions, the seller says that it is all original from the Second World War, for me it is too but I would like to hear your opinion first. For me it's all original, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WW2 M1 helmet   Original WW2 M1 helmet  

Original WW2 M1 helmet   Original WW2 M1 helmet  

Original WW2 M1 helmet  

It looks like a nice fixed bale lid and WW2 liner made by Firestone. It is hard me me to tell but the exterior could have been repainted for Korea. Others will be able to tell more. Nice lid.
    John

Quite nice example. The dark OD7 chinstraps do not match exactly period of manufacture, but could be simply replaced in late war as original were worn out...

Thanks for your answers, could you tell me an approximate year of manufacture or if the paint is original from WW2? I have made an offer of €450 to the seller and he has accepted

Fixed bale is from 1941 to 1943. According to my reference, Helmets of the ETO by Giard & Blais, Lot 639 would be from Sept or Oct of 1943. That would be at the high end of price for the US helmet collector. No sure what the Europe market is like for comparable items.
    John

Thanks for your answer John, here in Spain the M1s are more expensive, the usual price ranges from 300 euros for one in regular condition to 600 euros for one in good condition.

Good Looking example. The helmet does look repainted and don’t think the net is original but looks good on the helmet. The leather chinstrap has me going back and forth. I look at it one minute and I say good and I look at it again and say it’s European. Never seen a leather patch on a liner. Over all it’s a cool set and will display really well.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td