Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Possible 3rd ww2 US M1 manufacturer.

Article about: This is quite an interesting read for those interested in M1’s. Just in case you missed this. Help with Strange M1 Marking - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum Who knows one of

Default Possible 3rd ww2 US M1 manufacturer.

This is quite an interesting read for those interested in M1’s.
    Just in case you missed this.
    Help with Strange M1 Marking - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Who knows one of you may possess one of these. Certainly there seems to be a strong case hear developing.
    Regards
    Rod

Interesting. They must be super rare.

The Parish/reading mith continues,there's another thread somewhere will try and find it,i spoke a few times with our late Andy regarding this,apparently contract paperwork was discovered for Parish to produce M1's,two seperate contracts,one dated March 45 the other April 45,this could be the real deal as i've never seen stamp markings quite like that before,if it is genuine then its one ultra-rare Lid,value wise it would be impossible to put a price on it as there's nothing to compare it to,thanks Rod for bringing this to the forefront but this time there is certainly some weight to the claim.............

I found it interesting, the fact that first one has a cork finish, and many other things that tick the correct box's.
    plus that paperwork makes you wonder.
    As for value Jake I don't know either, they would be a must have for any serious m1 collector. but still to be proved for definite.
    Rod