Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schlueter rear seam

Article about: Hi guys picked up another example to be imported from the US, seems to be in fair condition late war i guess, also marked twice, once under the seam and once near the bale. now for a nice li

Default Schlueter rear seam

Hi guys picked up another example to be imported from the US, seems to be in fair condition late war i guess, also marked twice, once under the seam and once near the bale. now for a nice liner.

Schlueter rear seam
    Schlueter rear seam
    Schlueter rear seam
    Schlueter rear seam
    Schlueter rear seam

Very unusual double stamped "S" pot steve,it's a first for me on this,nice buy and now to find a Liner to boot.............

Cheers Jake, i will get some better shots when it arrives, as you say now for a liner.

Lovely looking lid and stamped under the bale looking at the swivel bale in the picture look how wonky it is to the rim of the helmet the guy or gal who was putting that one on was in a rush

Hi bud yes the bail is bent, however working in the aerospace industry has its benefits and this wont be a problem, as Jake stated i have never seen a double stamp either.

So this has arrived, seems a nice shell, numbered 453B unsure if that can be dated as per mcCord shells, swivel bail is not bent just a production error is guess the QA guy was busy, i have a seamans liner on route and a nice chin strap here already so sweatband and nape strap maybe a net and job done, unsure why i always do things the hard way.
    Schlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seamSchlueter rear seam

Will be a sweet looking lid when it's complete

Cheers Ian.
    the liner turned up today, so its getting there, does anyone know if the straps are late war or Korean period?.

The steel helmets chinstraps are War period but the the J hook has been replaced with the T1 setup but minus the ball catch on the buckle. I have some original J hooks somewhere in my spares pile if you want to put it back to its original form?
    But if you are talking about the leather liner chin strap then look at the hardware for makers marks. If you see a UNITED CARR maker then it's WW2 if you see DOT or any anchor symbols then it will more than likely be post war. Post some pics of it if you are unsure

Thanks Ian, no maker marks at all on the leather strap, i think if remember correctly Jake mentioned it being an original early OD painted metal strap, i have had that a while, i see what you mean with the J hook, i would have to undo the stitch which might be a pain to do..

strap was mentioned here.
    Ingersoll m1 helmet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast