Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seaman M1 helmet Liner

Article about: Hello everybody once again it is your ol' pal Casey lookin for help/advice. Since you guys never cease to amaze me I bring my business to you! It's a Seaman liner for the American M1. The th

Caseydiggz
    ?

Default Seaman M1 helmet Liner

Hello everybody once again it is your ol' pal Casey lookin for help/advice. Since you guys never cease to amaze me I bring my business to you!

It's a Seaman liner for the American M1. The the liner looks fine to me but the nape strap is dated 1953. Were standard issue WW2 liners re-issued with Korean War Era nape straps? The nape strap is also "OD Green" instead of the tan color that the rest of the liner is.

Oh and heres another thing: Whats with the CY decal?

ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE ON THE LINER OF THE M1 WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seaman M1 helmet Liner   Seaman M1 helmet Liner  

Seaman M1 helmet Liner   Seaman M1 helmet Liner  

Seaman M1 helmet Liner   Seaman M1 helmet Liner  

Default Re: Seaman Liner

Insignia is for the US 38th Inf Div.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Caseydiggz View Post
    Hello everybody once again it is your ol' pal Casey lookin for help/advice. Since you guys never cease to amaze me I bring my business to you!

It's a Seaman liner for the American M1. The the liner looks fine to me but the nape strap is dated 1953. Were standard issue WW2 liners re-issued with Korean War Era nape straps? The nape strap is also "OD Green" instead of the tan color that the rest of the liner is.

Oh and heres another thing: Whats with the CY decal?

ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE ON THE LINER OF THE M1 WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
    A Seaman Paper Co. liner is a somewhat rarer liner than say, Westinghouse, Firestone and CAPAC which made well over 2/3 of the liners in WWII but not so rare as to add any real extra value to it. The addition of the post war sweatband and nape strap is normal seeing that a lot of WWII equipment was reissued to National Guard and Reserve units as well as seeing active reuse in the Korean Conflict. The 38th insignia on your liner is a post war addition. Seeing that the 38th was mobilized in WWI, WWII and Vietnam but, not during the Korean conflict, I would guess this liner to be a leftover peacetime 38th Infantry Division National Guard liner. It's still a very nice WWII manufactured liner. The 38th is Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana so, it's relative closeness to Illinois would explain how it ended up in your hands.

Caseydiggz
    ?

Once again, thanks for the help Bugme