Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Second Lieutenant Alden Eugene Fox - CAC WWII

Article about: I acquired this group a couple years ago, and realized I've had not posted it here. Alden's daughter asked if I would be interested in acquiring his helmets and some other effects from his m

John,

I now live in Texas but my folks and rest of the family still live in the area, Salem, Lawrence, Methuen and Andover...

I am a member of the forums you mentioned,, and I will look at those topics soon..

Thank you again

Best regards..

Smitty

Just simply awesome John can't really add anything that's not already been said.usually groupings consist of a trunk a visor plus a few pieces of uniform and personal items but this is just on a differant parr.to have an LT butter bar with tact markings is right up there with division markings but to have two is mind blowing.couple of things as a side note sand was used on the Kelly M17A Helmets however cork was chosen only months later for the M1 in 1941 plus the pith is a super rare maker as Hawley yes the same in may 1941 were contracted to produce 24,000 units so most surviving examples carry the Hawley company stamp,but just glad someone on here has this beautiful collection well done and thank you taking the time to upload so many wonderful images and the amazing complete life story.

?

Thanks to all for your interest, Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by relicz; 12-25-2020 at 05:01 PM.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Just simply awesome John can't really add anything that's not already been said.usually groupings consist of a trunk a visor plus a few pieces of uniform and personal items but this is just on a differant parr.to have an LT butter bar with tact markings is right up there with division markings but to have two is mind blowing.couple of things as a side note sand was used on the Kelly M17A Helmets however cork was chosen only months later for the M1 in 1941 plus the pith is a super rare maker as Hawley yes the same in may 1941 were contracted to produce 24,000 units so most surviving examples carry the Hawley company stamp,but just glad someone on here has this beautiful collection well done and thank you taking the time to upload so many wonderful images and the amazing complete life story.
    Thank you for your comments Jake, very much appreciated. Also thanks for the your input and info on both the pith and heavily corked M1917A1 helmet. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

The cork was quite generously applied on the Kelly helmet.

I can only echo what's already been said.
    It is a fantastic grouping, Thanks for sharing it with us.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

My mistake John i stand corrected yes cork was used prior to the M1 which started production in june 1941 i was getting confused as it was the WW1 US made shells that were sand and the British were sawdust.that cork is really predominent in those pics they really slapped it on at McCord they probably realized the shells didn't need quite as much Lol.Happy New Year.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I can only echo what's already been said.
    It is a fantastic grouping, Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Thanks Greg, I appreciate your comments.

?

A additional photo:

Company G, 9th Coastal Artillery, at Fort Andrews, Massachusetts taken August 5th, 1941 with Lt. Alden Fox center bottom, and the company guidon resting in his lap.

Regards,
    John

Excellent photo John, and as always this grouping is one of my favorites. Excellent!!!!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Quote by Tank Destroyer View Post
    Excellent photo John, and as always this grouping is one of my favorites. Excellent!!!!!!

Marty
    Just saw this, thanks Marty, much appreciated!
    Regards,
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3