Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sp m1

Article about: Hello all, before I get into this helmet just wanted to give a thank you to Rakkasan187 for giving me a great deal on the lot of M1s that this came with, I never thought I'd own 10 M1s in my

Default Sp m1

Hello all, before I get into this helmet just wanted to give a thank you to Rakkasan187 for giving me a great deal on the lot of M1s that this came with, I never thought I'd own 10 M1s in my life.

This is a post war M1 that has been painted white with SP stenciled on the front, no chinstraps unfortunately. The SP I'm pretty sure stands for the security police of the USAF, as I've read that the shore patrol of the USN did not wear steel helmets only painted liners. I also found a picture earlier this month of a security police member wearing a similar colored helmet but forgot to save it and now I can't find it on the web. On the inside the swivel bails have some remnants of tape, and the liner is just a spare late 70s - 80s liner that came from the lot. The person who painted this did a great job as the original green does not bleed through at all, and its applied evenly all around.

Never thought much of post war painted M1s until I got this one, but I really like it as it stands out from all the olive drab and grey helmets. I have a few more M1s to post but I do not want to spam the forum. Thank you for reading!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sp m1   Sp m1  

Sp m1   Sp m1  

Sp m1  

MAP
    ?

Smitty is da Man!

Great looking pot Steve. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi,

these remnants of glue are mostly found at the manufacturer RJ Stampings. This film company made the M1 between 1971 and 1977, and was the last to make this model.

Are there three large numbers inside as a heatstamp?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hi,

these remnants of glue are mostly found at the manufacturer RJ Stampings. This film company made the M1 between 1971 and 1977, and was the last to make this model.

Are there three large numbers inside as a heatstamp?
    Yes the heat stamp is a large number 700 stamped on the inside towards the front of the shell. Thank you for the information! I'm not well versed at all when it comes to post war produced shells.

Smitty is one of the finest men you will ever know.
    Nice lid.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Humbled by your comments gentlemen,,

It is nice to be with such a band of brothers...

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

I'll add that I agree with the Smitty 'Da Man" comment.

Reading about the RJ stamping had me do a search on the site and found this info about them.

RJ Stampings m1

Interesting tidbit about that manufacturer.

A very cool helmet Stephen!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I'll add that I agree with the Smitty 'Da Man" comment.

Reading about the RJ stamping had me do a search on the site and found this info about them.

RJ Stampings m1

Interesting tidbit about that manufacturer.

A very cool helmet Stephen!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thank you for pointing out that thread it was an informative and interesting read. I'm guessing this would be a post Vietnam war manufacture as the inside of it doesn't show much use. It's crazy to read that people have still have boxes of unopened M1's sitting in garages and storage units still.