Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?

Article about: I was able to get this helmet for \\$85, was wondering if it seems authentic. Not sure about the liner but i think it's just a placeholder. I'm a beginner so any help would be appreciated than

Default Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?

I was able to get this helmet for $85, was wondering if it was authentic. Looks like a front seam and the heat stamp seems to say either 1081C or 1061C. Not sure about the liner but i think it's just a placeholder. I'm a beginner so any help would be appreciated thank you!

Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?
    Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?Thoughts on this helmet I was able to buy?
    Last edited by Danieldor; 10-31-2023 at 11:55 PM.

The liner dates from the 1980s. 'DLA-100-84' indicates a production year of 1984. I'm not sure about the heat stamp on the shell, but there are databases online that you can use to look them up and pin down a rough date.

B.B.

WW2 McCord front seamed shell that seems to have been refurbished post-war with lighter O/D paint and sand aggregate added.
    Liner is an SPP(specialty plastic products) produced.

Agree with previous statements - wartime McCord made around September 1944, but repainted later (possibly during the Vietnam war