Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!

Article about: This arrived yesterday,but to be honest im feeling a bit like sean did the other day,its an original set that seen little or no service,the damage was caused by something being placed on top

Default Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!

This arrived yesterday,but to be honest im feeling a bit like sean did the other day,its an original set that seen little or no service,the damage was caused by something being placed on top and rusting leaving a nice circular pattern,the shell is an Ingersoll and liner a Marmac both retain full paint and texture,i've relisted it on fleabay,as I felt it didn't fit into my collection,any one interested PM or bid,thanks in advance for your time!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!   Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!  

Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!   Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!  

?

Very nice.

?

Yep I know that feeling Jake. I really like it though, Right up my alley! Were specifically do you mean about the damage I can't see anything that sticks out? I'd love to make an offer on it but might have to wait depending how much you would like as I am trying to keep any money for my type 2 marines helmet. Cheers, Sean.

Thanks Sean will add some pics of the particular areas in question,overall its a nice set but lacking all the trimmings............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanks Sean will add some pics of the particular areas in question,overall its a nice set but lacking all the trimmings............
    Cheers Jake! Yeah it is rather basic but looks like it rolled out of the factory yesterday which is my kind of lid lol. I am selling a few bits hopefully if they sell I can make you a sensible offer in the next day or two if it hasn't sold already as I sort of wouldn't mind it for a long project, Getting nos parts gradually from the states to finish it of. Similar to what I did with my Nam M1C lid. Cheers, Sean.

The pics of the shell and liner.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!   Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!  

Now with a little help of a rather dubious Mitchell cover plus an original early Nam Nape strap/repro inner-tube and some 5.56 inert ammo,it suddenly looks a lot more easier on the eye,only a sweatband to complete............

Un-issued vietnam shell+ liner!!!!!!  

?

Hey Jake! I see what you mean, On looking back at the first pics again earlier today I realized I could see a bit of the ring on the shell. Looks spot on with the accessories friend! That is the great thing about a good amount of US helmets.. If it is a bit rough etc you can just throw a cover on it! You don't see liners looking that crisp too often! Cheers, Sean.

very nice jake ,it wont take long to shift this one mate ,i wonder if its just water marks on the liner and shell internals
    Regards James

Cheers guys,James your absolutely correct mate,the inner circle marks are some water stains that with a little care may fade,unfortunately the same can't be said about the shell,that rust has penetrated the outer steel however its on the shallow side so shouldn't progress,and with the cover I can't see it..............out of sight out of mind.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast