MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 helmet front seam McCord

Article about: Hello, as I tried to research this one I couldn't find the exact confirmation for the manufacturer. So I'm asking for help. Is this a McCord heat stamp? The helmet is front seam, painted in

Default US M1 helmet front seam McCord

Hello,

as I tried to research this one I couldn't find the exact confirmation for the manufacturer.
    So I'm asking for help. Is this a McCord heat stamp? The helmet is front seam, painted in Vietnam era green color with swivel bales.

Heat stamp reads 35B 1, also I'm adding a picture of it.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 helmet front seam McCord  

Thats an early McCord up to around 60-70 (maybe later?) you Can find the stamps with an extra number (1-2-3) after the letter. Don’t know why they have these. One explanation might be that some heat & lift simply produced more disc’s than normal, thus more numbers needed?
    You keep that shells, they don’t come around too often.

If it swivel loop it not early unless the loops were repaired and changed from fixed to swivel
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks for your answers! The bales could be replaced even during the ww2 period, when we know that swivel bales are introduced early as 1943.

I just wanted to know if is it geunine McCord.

If there is a weld spot in the rim where the bales are. It was originally a fixed bale.

Yes there are! Many thanks!!!