Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

Article about: Hi mates, I discovered some helmets from the remains of an abandoned helmet collection in the sales area of a German militaria forum, which I bought ("on suspicion") because I wasn

I'm no expert, Roland, but I'd concur that it's a 6901st or 6941st LSF liner, although it looks hand-painted - other versions I've seen look like decals. I believe the 3 star (I think it was called the cognac, or brandy badge, after the 3 stars on a Courvoisier bottle) pre-dated the 'German' version. To find out more, I recommend looking at offizielle Homesite des 6941st Guard Battalion - Start, run by Lutz Griesbach, and he's helped with my research.US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

I was looking through some of the old Berlin Observer Newspapers and found one that talks about the 6941st Guard Battalion in Berlin. There is a great image of one of the Sergeants wearing a helmet liner with the image that started this post. Albeit this is most likely a decal and not a painted one but here is some more great information.

This brought back some wonderful memories of my time stationed in Berlin..

http://www.theberlinobserver.com/arc..._N34_aug26.pdf

Smitty

HereĀ“s another Westinghouse - CAPAC liner.
    A 51/52/53 CAPAC liner with black painted metal parts.
    The rough surface is matt olive, "grained".

I don't know what the painted white star means.
    But I don't want to scratch around trying to get it off because I'm afraid of damaging the liner.

Otherwise, the liner is in a used condition and should still be worth collecting, right?

Maybe one of your colleagues can also provide further information about this liner?

Colleague Sleepwalker once wrote:
    "51/52 CAPAC liners still have olive painted metal parts.
    51/52/53 liners have black painted metal parts."

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

I would be happy to hear some opinions on the liner with the painted white star.

In my opinion, these two liners were (based on the model and the stamp) worn in Korea and also in NAM, is that correct?

Thanks in advance,
    R.

Hello,

I think the batch from 1953 may not have reached Korea during the war there.

Greetings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2